Friday, November 28, 2008

"Merry Christmas, Lynn!"

"I like when you are wearing white T-shirts!"

"What makes you think that white suits me more?" I asked.

"Because... It's also my favourite colour! Haha...ha..." Suddenly, she lost her smiles.

"Jazz, I really love snow, and I hope I could celebrate Christmas with falling snow. But, I'm not sure whether I have the opportunity to witness the natural phenomena."

"Why not? I promise I will earn more money and bring you to country where there's lots and lots of snow falling from the sky, deal?"

* * * * * *

"Ello, Jazz, this is my cousin, Lynn. Lynn, this is Jazz..."

"Owh, hi! Nice to meet you."

That was actually a date between a friend of mine and her girl. Somehow, I was dragged into that situation. So do the girl's cousin. We both looked so stupid at that moment.

"Okay, let's enter the cinema! Movie is gonna start soon." I say.

Lynn sit beside me. But I don't really pay attention on her, in fact, my focus was on that particular movie.

"Err... Jazz right?" She asked.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Can you accompany me and go out for a walk? It's kinda boring here. The couple is..."

"Oh, haha, how could I say no, right?"

We left the cinema, and of course, we left the couple in the cinema. That was our first meet. She walked beside me, I could hardly forget the mole on her right cheek. She's ... pretty! Just like an angel. I thought.

"Do you feel hungry? " I asked.

"Erm, kinda. Haha..." She replied.

"Let's go to the coffee shop, okay?"

"Okay."

We walked to the nearest coffee shop. I ordered a cup of cappuccino. She looked at me, with smiling face.

"I guess, you really love coffee, right?" Suddenly, she asked me.

"Har?" I couldn't really respond in that manner of time.

"Just a wild guess..." She quickly add-in.

"Err... Sorry I was getting a lil' shocked of how you know my favourite."

She smile again. A really really pure sweet one. After the movie finished, we met up with the couple. I suggested to my friend that we should buy something for girls. So we decided to pay a visit to gift shop and we bought some items. That day ended in just a blink of eyes.

Since then, I managed to get her mobile number. We often chatted via sms or msn.

"Hey, if I plan to go to beach with you, are you okay with that?" I sms-ed her.

"I'm not sure about that, I've to get my parent's permission first."

"Okay!" She replied after a couple of minutes.

"Err, my parent say it's okay! So, I'm going!"

* * * * * *

"Ahh, how rejuvenating the sea breeze is!" I said.

"Indeed! Haha... Beach! Here I come!" She shouted happily. I put my hand on her head, touched her silky hair. She is really cute...
We had a lot of fun moments there. We scuba-dived. We built sand castle. I splashed sea water on her. She take a little 'revenge' on me too.

"Time really flies. It's going to be evening now." I said.

"Yeah, fun moments always pass faster." She said.

"Wow, the sunset, such scene would definitely touch a girl's heart." She said again after few minutes of silence.

"Oh really? Meaning you're touched now?" I asked purposely.

"Don't know. You guess! Blek!" She showed her tongue.
She kept her smile few seconds later, it seemed like she was in love with the scene. That day, was the first day I hold her hand. The feeling, the rush of blood all over my nerves.

"I like when you are wearing white T-shirts!"

"What makes you think that white suits me more?" I asked.

"Because... It's also my favourite colour! Haha... ha..." Suddenly, she lost her smiles.

"Jazz, I really love snow, and I hope I could celebrate Christmas with falling snow. But, I'm not sure whether I have the opportunity to witness the natural phenomena."

"Why not? I promise I will earn more money and bring you to country where there's lots and lots of snow falling from the sky, deal?"

I could see her eyes were wet. We made a deal, or rather a purely little promise between lovers. at that night where stars twink more than urban sky.

* * * * * *

One ridiculous day which fell on 1st of April, I received a news that she got leukemia. I thought it was a joke. I stunned. My vision gets blurrier. I suddenly remember that she said to me that night. My fragile heart crushed. So this is fate?

"Jazz, I'm Lynn here. I guess you've found out the truth. But, don't you worry. I'm FINE here... Okay?"

" ... "

"Hmm.. That's all I wanna tell you, Bye!"
She hung up the call. I couldn't believe what she just told me and ran to her house, hoping for her to come out. Yet, she didn't show up.

Every day and night, I waited her, in front of her house. At last, the door is opened. Without any hesitation, I rushed into her house.

"So, you are Jazz?" Her parent ask.

"Yes I am, Uncle, Aunty."

"Okay, here's what our plan. We are going to send Lynn to England for a medical treatment. In fact, we bought your flight ticket, too. We hope that you could help us take care of Lynn girl."

My tears fell. I felt so much appreciation and millions of speechless. Few weeks later, we left to England.

* * * * * *

"Who is Lynn's family or any relatives here?" The doctor asked.

"I am! I am her ... friend."

"I'm sorry, I need the signature of her parent or relative. It's a letter of permission to start a surgery. I afraid you don't have the authority to sign, young man."

"I'm the only person that is close to her now. Doc, please."

"We have to contact her parent at first place."

I looked at her. The pale face. A very weak body, is resting in the ward. Suddenly she opened her eyes. She show a smile at me.

"Jazz... I hope you could bring me to a place. I have to see with my eyes. The snow out there."

"But, it's not winter now. We can't be seeing any snow now. Lynn..."

"Owh... I wish I could... live longer..."

At that moment, I felt so helpless. Helpless to her sickness, helpless to her wish, helpless to fate, helpless to God's will.

* * * * * *

Two months later, she left me alone in this world.

The adorable smile, the irreplaceable scent of her hair, the mole on her right cheek, the unforgettable voice. Everything disappeared.

"It has started to snow, finally. Did you see that, Lynn? It's... snowing..." I couldn't stop crying. I hold her tightly with my warm body.

A hard fact and a breathless body...








"Merry Christmas, Lynn!"

No comments: